Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Brighton Belles


Now, shall I file this in 'Calloutcats' or 'portraits' Not that I took the picture of course. 
And not that I am in the mood to post, having lost one of the senior cats - probably to poison.  Porgy and Bess were inseperable, and now Bess is no more. She had all the injections and a glucose drip, and it was a peaceful passing, but the hole will be felt for years to come by me.  When she was ill but still sitting up, Piggy saw her from across the room, stared for half a minute and ran away. Socs, also family, came across her outside - spat and also ran away. She was no longer Aunt Bess. 

They feel, but they do not know.  Our relationship with these loving creatures is distorted by 'knowing' things.  I trust my emotions, and let them be what they are,even if they are criticized for being 'too strong'.  Perhaps love expands to fill a vacuum.  I have been fussing around the remaining six of the cat family, and will have to confine them to house and small garden, building perches and hideaways as required. To be continued 


Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. i'm so sorry to hear you lost your beloved pet - and that she may have been poisoned?!? how dreadful....... and my condolences--

    it sounds as though you have several more to tend to which is some comfort -- best of luck on protecting them from the same fate as Bess~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's no way to talk about your beloved daughters! Think I shall have to keep a closer eye on your blogs! You may be my father, but your still young enough for a good thrashing. Hugs and stuff Senks x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for calling in Senka (this is the one that little monkey Biba may have been referring to), but you don't have time to read Dr Awsom's profundities - get back to your hoovering.

    Don't worry Biba my little angel, the old Papous will post a beautiful picture of you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your beautiful belles! And am so very sad to hear about your dear Bess. Much love and condolences, Bob. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bob. I'm really sorry I haven't been dropping in more often, I don't even drop in on my own blog too regularly either so please don't take it personally. I'm soo sorry to hear of the loss of your cat - I know it's difficult to lose a pet (lost my dog to cancer last year) but it does get easier. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for dropping in Boo - your new theme with WP is just up my street, and to anticipate your next post is a pleasure. You have been missing your dog for sure; dogs have more 'presence' than any other pet I think. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about Bess. They do leave such a hole in your heart and your life. It takes a while to get past the sorrow and focus on the funny things they did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to have read about Bess, and to lose her to poison as you believe is particularly cruel. I was witness to the death of my own cat many years ago to the next door neighbour's pitbull. I didn't look too kindly on him for quite some time, I can tell you. You will be able to remember the good stuff in time and thankfully you have the others to keep you company. I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Winifred and Pie. Your kind words are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw...I'm so sorry for your loss Bob! I know you will miss your kitty. She was part of your family. Keep her alive in your memory, and take care!

    ReplyDelete

Do tell me what you think. It's the blood of blogs.