Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A late christmas story





The sun was already risen into the clear winter sky over Bethlehem.  A young boy with long blond hair galloped down the stairs to greet his parents for breakfast.


Turning to the old folk, he said unto them,  "Yo! sorry, Lo! its 12 AM and I'm hungry"


Mary glanced at the sundial through the kitchen window, and turning to the boy said,  "Verily verily, thou art a trifle confused this morning - it's just turned nine"


And Jesus, smiling said  "Ha!  you fell for that one - it's 12 AM, Anno Me, for I am 12 years old today"


Whereupon Joseph turned from his cornflakes saying  "Get outa here - haven't you got a miracle at 9.30?"   Muttering into his beard, Joseph said  "Jesus! Precocious brat!  Thinks he knows when he was born already"


"Leave him alone whispered Mary, he is a smart lad and is going places - no thanks unto you may I add.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mr Loosemore - I'm a good friend of Penny's , we just hada some Japanese food tonight and she told me of your blogs and I think there should be a few more to read. Have a Good Evening. Nick Saxon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicholas, I was luck to see your comment since the blog is dormant and I don't get notifications. Please thank Penny for mentioning my blog. Looked into today, just to see if it still existed, might start again - although if you are not a commie atheist, you will not be impressed by this prospect. (I am not sure Penny ever read them)

      Go well. Bob

      Delete

Do tell me what you think. It's the blood of blogs.